Week 2 – Snowflake Shaker Card
Stamps, Dies, and Folders
Snowflake Wishes Bundle
2 ¼” Punch
Night of Navy
Night of Navy
Snowflake Splendor DSP
Balmy Blue Glitter Paper
Tools & Accessories
Snowflake Splendor Ribbon, 7”
Foam Adhesive Strips
Whisper White Card Base: 8 ½” x 5 ½” x for card base, score at 4 ¼”, Greeting: 3 ¼” x ¾”
Purple Posy Greeting base: 3 3/8” x 7/8”
Night of Navy 5 ½” x 4 ½”
DSP White and blue snowflake pattern, 5 ¼” x 4”; punch a coordinating DSP 2 ¼” circle
Clear Acetate Punch 2 ¼” circle
1. Using Night of Navy ink, stamp the greeting on the Whisper White greeting layer, adhere to the Purple Posy label base using Stampin’ Seal.
2. With Night of Navy ink, stamp snowflakes as desired on the inside of card base and on the envelope.
3. Die cut 3 snowflakes in the Balmy Blue Glitter Paper.
4. Keeping in mind this is a horizontal card layout, punch a 2 ¼ ” circle on the right-hand side of the DSP, approximately 3/8” in from the right edge.
5. Using the already punched DSP as a guide for the placement of your circle, punch a 2” circle on the right-hand side of the Night of Navy cardstock.
6. Using Stampin’ Seal, adhere DSP onto Night of Navy cardstock.
7. Using Stampin’ Seal, adhere ribbon to the layer from Step 6. Place adhesive on the back side of the Night of Navy, where you want the ribbon to be positioned. Wrap the ribbon around the front and adhere the tales to the back of Night of Navy by pressing into the adhesive. A glue dot can be used on the front under where you will place the greeting to keep the ribbon secure.
8. On the back side of the adhered layers, start creating the shaker part of the card by adhering the clear acetate circle over the circular opening in the card. Stampin’ Seal works well for this step. You are adhering the acetate circle to the Night of Navy layer.
9. Continuing on the back side, stick the Foam Adhesive Strips around the circle on the outer edge of the acetate circle. One strip is enough for the circle, with a bit to spare, which you will snip off.
10. Next with the 2 ¼” coordinating DSP circle, add a little Stampin’ Seal in various spots to the side that will show in the window. Stick some of the Snowflake Sequins to the adhesive so that when the card is standing, snowflakes will be visible through the window. You could also add a stamped snowman, owl, or other image of your choice to the circle!
11. Now, add the desired number of Snowflake Sequins to the well created by the Foam Adhesive, this is the “shaker” element of your card.
12. Adhere the 2 ¼” coordinating DSP circle to the top of the foam circle, making sure the “snowflakes” are facing down and are visible through the window.
13. Apply Foam Adhesive Strips to the outer edge of the Night of Navy cardstock (you may also use dimensionals).
14. Carefully adhere the finished product from Step 13 to the card base.
15. With dimensionals, add the greeting to the card over the ribbon. Cut the dimensionals in half to straddle the ribbon so that you are not applying the dimensionals directly on the ribbon.
16. With glue dots, adhere Balmy Blue Sparkle die cut snowflakes to card.
17. Add other embellishments as desired!